Thursday, August 12, 2010

cast on, cast off

so, since July, I have cast on and finished:
1 Undine
1 Crow Prints

I have cast on right now another Undine (such a simple knit but so beautiful if done correctly!), a Helleborus in some hand-dyed. Both of these projects are going to rub off as I knit them - Red Number 3 difficulties in my hand dyed (or just too much dye - I need to practice patience, if I really want the layered colors that I say I want) and the Malabrigo SW sock that I'm using for the Undine (for gift purposes) is shedding a lot of blue. I'm assuming that the Malabrigo folks use neither drink mix nor food dyes for their color, so I have to wonder what I'm getting on my needles and probably my hands. Eek. Not to cast aspersions. The yarn feels amazing, but so do my favorite jeans, and the process for dyeing those is hardly environmentally neutral or beneficial.

Yep that's what I do. Knit a lot, grade papers and worry about the dye in my commercial yarns.

No comments:

Post a Comment