Saturday, December 25, 2010

KNITWORTHY

My family is TOTALLY KNITWORTHY. Consider the following mug shots, with a description of their particulars.
My Gran: She teared up when I gave her the Bitterroot. She really loved it and it looked incredible on her. I am well chuffed. (Anglophiles, did I do that rite?)

My dad's wife who hooked me up with two GIANT bags of stash this summer. I gifted her a worsted weight Springtime Bandit - just like my banned anna tres except in brown heathery natural type wool like Eco wool or Fisherman's Wool. I suspect the latter, but it is afghan-y; she's a small lady and gets chilly if it's below sixty degrees (F) outside. She loves animals and my dad and used to knit so I like her really well. She's had a tough year and LOVED her shawl.

My mom - we were both pretty loopy by the time I gave her the mini-kellokukka. Not enough yarn, or time; I would have liked to have made it larger. The shawl is still fantastic and so is she. She wrapped it around her head and neck and smiled.

My partner and step sprog got new hats (a usually yearly tradition. Turn a Square and a Felicity striped up like TaS stuffed their stockings. Both grinned. Gave my incredibly wonderful 13 year old cousin a little dark bluish grey Paton's wool beanie with an owl cable. It reminds me of Athena - good for her grades and self-esteem. (There's nothing wrong with either, as far as I can tell.)

No comments:

Post a Comment