Friday, January 7, 2011

sometimes i have to knitblog



i can't keep my projects straight - keeping my ravelry straight is a WIP all of its own.

i am working on a 4 paneled shawl in malabrigo that is stockinette and garter or reverse garter for texture. it's hard to take a flattering picture of malabrigo multicolors - they just look better in person.

am still working on that noro stripe scarf in plymouth mushishi wool/silk and cascade 220. it's beautiful but i strongly disagree scarves in
general.

i don't know what's going on with my formatting now. it's all super narrow. is this where my picture is going? is my computer teh haxxord? is there a keylogger on my machine? am i paranoid? yes probably.

anyway, i need to get over my scarf disagreen cause what is in that picture where ever that picture does show up on my post is why. m a d e l i n e t o s h (i have to write it like that because i love it in a tease-y sort of way) pashmina, my first mt acquisition and it's gorgeous. it's got a fairly limited window of really necessary or comfortable wearing around here so i need to get going on that clapotis. damn clapotis, but at least no one else has one that color. i know because ravelry search tells me that no one has done one in any madelinetosh yarn. which i find unbelievable. i guess everyone's using their malabrigo sock for that one.

my mal sock, however, is in use on my EZ 1/2 circle pi shawl camping version. that project is in a bit of a timeout. i spent two hours yesterday knitting distractedly, making mistakes, then making counting mistakes, frogging back two rows, then frogging back four rows, making more counting mistakes and then finally fixing my count and counting mistakes. what the hell.

then there's larch which is way sidelined because for many reasons, not the least of which is that it would be easy to pick back up, so it gets little respect from me.

speaking of little respect, i need to track down those dpns i got yesterday. they were basically forgotten in my omg i got three skeins of alchemy haiku at forty percent off. omg. that, however, is waiting for warmer weather, but not too warm. it's the house finch colorway, and baby is it gold. i am leaning towards a citron for that one, but will no doubt change my mind before i do anything with it.

i'm also brainstorming a vest idea with a seed/moss stitch bottom edge, no seams, worked in one piece bottom up, then split at the armholes, and joined at the shoulders. frog type fasteners down the front. some waist shaping, but main shaping done by color. stephen west's daybreak is a way of doing one of my favorite color striping techniques and i was thinking about how the main color makes vertical lines through the cc at the increases. i could use those vertical solid color lines to create both visual interest and something like princess seaming by slipping the solid color stitch on the alternate color rows. that might make the solid like too short, so i'm wondering if i'd have to pull a chain through on the next pass across with the mc and then k1 through that. which of course demands exploration and then time. not to mention the fact that i've still got a cabled vest on some sticks in the office.

madness. and i still want to dye some yarn for some reason today. actually, i want to dye something. anything. i should go get some stuff for that.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - did you ever do that clapotis? What size needles did you use if I can ask? I want to do mine in the same yarn, but not sure if I should use an 8 or smaller or not?
    Also, I'm Brandie on Ravelry! =)

    ReplyDelete