Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Brief Sample of Websites I Found to be Helpful in Studying for the GRE

GRE Study Sites That I Found to be Useful:
Number2, despite the hilarious name (I was mentally somewhere between 2 and 12 while I was getting ready for this thing, so forgive the immature giggling)has a section for GRE practice/study.
I think I used the math one for this quite a bit? I think that I used the math for all of them quite a bit. Ha.

I used some of the free practice programs from ETS – this is the company that publishes the GRE.
They offer the PowerPrep software for free, which is similar to (but not the same as) the test. My qualitiative scores on the verbal parts of these were higher than my final score, but my quantitative (that's the math part, right?) final test scores were higher than my practice ones with this program. That was ultimately way ironic. They also offer a writing practice test for $13, called ScoreItNow, I think. It was worth it to me to practice in a way very similar to the test, but my score for the practice was higher than the one I got for the final. But my final testing situation was very different from practice – I would suggest any practice tests that you take, to vary the order. I was pretty sure that the test would begin with the essay, then proceed through the verbal, then the math, but my math and verbal got switched, which freaked me out a little bit.
WTAMU Math Lab
This is West Texas A&M's math lab and it features a pretty good review for the math part of the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment