Wednesday, February 16, 2011

today in spinning

spinning is going, well, spinningly.

I have learned some lessons, or at least made some realizations. They culminated today, and I thought I might record them for posterity.

1) Tension and resting don't do too much to cure overspun yarn. That's going to require a proactive approach and not killing my spindle every time I set it to spin. This may also be why I need (NEED) a different spindle. (Ha.)

2) On the subject of spindles: Fiber ships faster than spindles. The answer to "Is my Golding here yet?" is "NO!". (The Sweetheart and all of her siblings can be found here, by the way. Yes. I am an enabler.

3) However, even though the spindle's not here, getting two pounds of fiber in the mail is like xmas, sweet 16, my 21st birthday and xmas all rolled into one. I can't imagine how I'll feel if I ever start buying fancy fiber if I'm this stoked over some Brown Sheep mill end rovings. Yes. There is already half a pound on the stove, but the purple part of the dye didn't take. The pink and orange did and I think the result is going to be pretty outstanding. Now I want to dye little fiber cupcakes, just to play. That will have to wait until the weekend.

4) Also. Spinning right now needs to be counted like a waltz. Draft, two, three; draft, slide, slide; one, two, three.

5) The cats are not to be trusted either in the fiber room/office, or outside of it while I am spinning. Bad cats. Also, they are very fond of roving/top. I disagree with this fondness.

No comments:

Post a Comment