Tuesday, June 29, 2010

color links

In the Ravelry Kool Aid dyeing group, I got linked to the fabulous Colour Lovers site.
And then, I got to visit a textiles company's warehouse store and found a sweet little piece of fabric, but it's quilting cotton. More the shame to me - I don't quilt and may never do so.
The colors were perfect, though, for the upcoming move and the decoration of a young lady's bedroom. I love the print of the fabric and am still trying to come up with a way to use the material. In the meantime, though, the Colour Lovers site features a fun little tool called Photocopa, allowing one to build a color palette based on a photograph- which I was able to do after finding a photo swatch of the aforementioned cotton.

And, voila!


(Use of the Photocopa tool does require a sign-in, but it's a relatively painless process.)

No comments:

Post a Comment